Friday 3 July 2009

So... Who Is Terradoll?

Terra: from the Latin meaning ‘earth’ or ‘land’; misspelt ‘terror’.

Doll: ‘a toy in the form of a human; used to refer to or to address a woman [derogatory]; a term of endearment’ (definition from Wikitionary).

Terradoll: a female horror-child of the earth; a frightening product of the advanced capitalist society; a 17 year old grrrl from England.

* * *

And why have I decided to write a blog?

Well, basically, my life is boring, so traditional blog-writing isn’t something that really comes naturally to me. I’ve tried to keep a couple of journals on other websites, but they’ve never worked out, and I haven’t kept a diary or anything since I was like 11 or something. So I thought I’d write about things outside of my life that have influenced it in some way - art, books, abstract concepts, whatever – things that mean or have meant something to me. And then hopefully, once these things are recorded in my ineloquent ramblings, they might inspire someone else.

Well, maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment