Saturday 22 May 2010

Any Distance

Any distance you can map, you can fly.
Picture it like this: not as a web
of red and blue looped across the page, but as
a vast expanse of open sky –
with you held in its heart like an opal;
the opus. Your icarus wings carve
sunspots, trail clouds and split
the heavens in two. You,
strung high, the world below blurred
by the fevered myopia of vertigo
and the sheer fear of the fall.
But know this - that however far you go,
you will remain always
the centre of it all.

* * *

For my fellow king's leavers. I love you all and will miss you epically. ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much Jen, and will miss you to the moon and back.

    I will also miss your incredible talent, so keep sharing it online so I can read your beautiful words!

    <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I will miss you so much too, J-frendy! Don't know what I'm going to do without all you guys! :(

    Haha, my incredible fail more like! But yes, of course I shall! <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete