Sunday 29 August 2010

Muses and News

So, my laptop is currently suffering from some lovely kind of virus, which won’t let me do anything on the computer – no internet, no opening files, no nothing. I have to use my laptop in safe mode, which, if you've ever used, you'll know is incredibly clunky and slow, and generally infuriating.

This is making it difficult for me to write anything at the moment – seeing as I write everything on the computer because of the massive amount of drafts and edits I go through for each piece. Added to that, I seem to be running dry on inspiration, which is never a good thing. I need to find new methods of self-inspiration. Perhaps a trip out to somewhere cultural (the middle-of-nowhere where I live is a bit lacking in 'points of interest')? A change in weather would be nice, too. Divine intervention, anybody?


But my writing-life isn't all bad. Lately I've been lucky enough to get a couple of features around dA: a DLD on my piece .vesta (my third, hehe), this week's featured member in the wonderful group TheWrittenRevolution (which has been an amazing help to me over the past few months; it has loads of fantastic members, many of whom have helped me improve my writing through their helpful comments and feedback), and a lovely journal feature of my mythology series from the wonderful KneelingGlory - who is a far better writer than I can ever hope to be (*cough* goreadherworknow *cough*). As always, it's a surprise and an honour, and a definite cheerer-upper whilst my laptop has died. :D

6 comments:

  1. Gah, bad news about the virus, my friend! I truly feel your pain - I got a virus once, and literally spent two days nursing my laptop as though it was a dying relative... I hope yours gets well soon!

    As for inspiration, you should write a poem about ME! :D

    ...I'm kidding. I dread to think what you'd write, anyway! :P

    Oh and I almost forgot, I love the new layout! ♥ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, it's really awful, isn't it? Two days? That's nothing, my friend! It's been four already and the repair peeps said it would probably be another week till they could get it back to me. Looks like I managed to find one of the nastier bugs out there. Bad times.

    Haha, that IS an idea. You are on my board of inspiration, after all! xD
    Don't be disappointed if it doesn't appear here in the next century though, haha :P

    Thank you! Made (*cough* edited) it myself. :)
    Takes bloody ages to load though, especially in crappy safe mode! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week! *shudders* Urgh, this is truly cause for some serious lamentations :(

    Lol! I am about as inspirational as Pritt Stick... I leave you to judge precisely how inspirational that is :D

    Ooh, awesomeness, I am impressed being as my computer skills are precisely zero. It does take a while to load... it's like 'Hmm, brown... *waits*... *waits some more*... ooh, BLUUUEEE!! *sudden burst of euphoria*' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Cinnamon Press runs Envoi magazine, which has always been a very respected poetry mag to which you can submit. Look it up if you haven't heard of it before. And keep going.

    http://www.cinnamonpress.com/online-shop/envoi-poetry/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemonie: Ah no, all is good, it came back today. Which is just as well, because I had something like 20,000 comments to reply to on dA. *headdesk*

    Everyone loves Pritt Sticks. Speshly glow in the dark ones. Unfortunately, seeing as you don't possess that invaluable skill, you're less worthy of a poem. You can expect my 'Ode to Glue' soon. I'd been thinking of writing an epic. :'D


    Fran: Thanks, I'll go check it out. And I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news indeed! :D

    Damn. I wish I was Pritt Stick :( I may well write an 'Ode to Glue' too, expressing my extreme jealousy of that famous sticky substance xxx

    ReplyDelete