Sunday 26 December 2010

Notes From A Famine

Lost in sleep, charting
streams consciousness forgot, she
speaks in poetry.

She raises sleepshot
eyes to find a guide – listens
to the sound of skies.

This is where the seeds
of dreams are sown – where muses
grow and feed on stars,

night air arias.
Sleep is hunger, says the Moon,
hung high and rung white.


* * *

Insomnia, again. Gah.
So tired and depressed right now. It was only to be expected, but still. I've had enough. :/

.

First time writing haikus. How did I do?

2 comments:

  1. SORRY I haven't visited your blog for ages! :S This is cool though, liking the haikus - I think their simplicity works well with your style. Boo for insomnia though :( *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sorry I didn't reply for ages! I'm so useless with updating this blog >___<;
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I might try doing more haiku-like pieces in the future. It was nice doing something a little bit different :) xxx

    ReplyDelete